Wednesday, April 1, 2015

28 Weeks

How far along? 28 weeks and 2 days
How big is the baby? 2.9 pounds according to my recent sonogram!
Are you in maternity clothes? Oh yes. I'm starting to feel really big.
How do you feel physically? I'm SO HAPPY that the cooler temperatures of rainy season are here. I actually put a jacket on for a few hours today! The cool wet weather makes me happier, more motivated, and I've been sleeping much better. Seriously, it makes a huge difference, and I am so thankful.
Sleep? I can't seem to get enough! I've been napping every day and sleeping great at night too.
Miss anything? I've been missing my afternoon cup of coffee. I miss having my normal amounts of energy.
Feeling movement of the baby? Yes. His movements now are visible and are strong enough to wake me up from time to time.
Food cravings? Fruit smoothies (every day!), spicy food, and I'm really craving asian food. I'm looking forward to eating some delicious food in just one month!
Gender of the baby? It's a boy! 
Mood? We're leaving for our furlough one month from tomorrow, and we're all starting to get really excited. I've been "nesting" and therefore cleaning out every room in our house and it feels good, when I have the energy. I've been working on things I'm making for the baby's room: crib sheets, curtains, a bunting, and a baby quilt. 

Sometimes I feel like I absolutely can't wait to hold this precious baby, bathe him, dress him, kiss him all over, and watch him interact with Daddy, Molly, and Graham. And then sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed thinking about the fact that our lives are already a bit crazy with two kids...what have we gotten into?! I know when he gets here there will be moments of both feelings, but it will all be worth it.

Here's the fabric for the baby's room:


Here are the pictures from my sonogram at 28 weeks. My doctor wanted to check my fluid level before I fly. LIttle guy covered his face the whole time!




No comments:

Post a Comment